Both in-store and online, our experts have over 40 years’ experience in the surf, snow, and skate business so our product knowledge is impeccable. Our team have seen and tried out trends which have come and gone so we can give personal advice as well as professional.
Starting a New Water Sport? First Thing You Need is a Womens Wetsuit
Whether you’re new to surfing, ocean swimming, stand up paddleboarding or you’re after the latest wetsuit tech, at Alpine Beach we work with all the top brands to find you the best women’s wetsuits online. Top quality rashies, steamers, springsuits and vests, we’ve got a wetsuit for everyone.
How to Find the Perfect Women’s Wetsuit in Australia
In all sports, you need to make sure you’ve got the right gear, even if you’ve no idea. But there are so many different types of wetsuits out there, how do you know which is best for you? There’s a few things you should look out for:
- Size – This might not be your normal clothes size. You should start by knowing your exact measurements or try some on in the shop to find the best fit. Get one that seems a little tight because the material expands in the water and will loosen up.
- Material – Over the years, the material of wetsuits has improved and become more durable, warm, stretchy and quick-drying. You should keep an eye on the thickness, which is shown with both body thickness and arms/leg thickness. Thicker wetsuits are warmer and generally better for colder waters.
- Stitching – It may sound picky, but the different stitching is integrated depending on how you’re using your wetsuit. Blind stitched is great at keeping water from seeping through and keeping you warm while overlock and flat stitch are better for warm water as they let water in through.
- Price – Like any product, the price represents what you’re getting out of it. If you’re only using it once or twice, you can go for a cheaper model, but more often than not it pays to get the pricier suit. You’ll notice they have better quality and a longer life, and sometimes come with extras you might not think about, but make a big difference.
- Type – There are different types of womens wetsuits to choose from depending on what you need it for. There are vests which are long-sleeved but legless suits, springsuits which are short-legged suits and can be long or short sleeved, and steamers which are long-sleeved, full length suits.
If you would like a little extra help, our in-store experts can help you out with advice and to answer any questions you might have.
Why Choose Alpine Beach When You’re Buying Women’s Wetsuits Online
So, have a look around or visit us in store in Erina NSW and find your perfect water and snow sports gear any day of the week.
Alpine Beach provide a great range of snow, surf & ski gear online. Some of the products we have in stock are: