AIPA The Dark Twinn Dual-Core Surfboard - Futures - NEW WHITE / YELLOW 5-10
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
AIPA’s most iconic shape, the DARK TWINN, has got a colour update in it’s dual-core construction by Surftech. Still in the realm of one of the most versatile and performance based twins (trailer / thruster option included) on the market, the yellow rail update will perform when the surfs cooking, and turn average waves into a heap of fun.
The Dark Twinn was developed as part of Aipa’s Dark Series, a series of new designs inspired by Ben Aipa’s classic shapes and modernized for futuristic surfing. The Dark Twinn combines Ben’s Wing Twin template, used to make Dane Kealoha’s twins in the late ‘70s and ‘90s, with an updated Swing Twin Squash template for a modern feel. The shift in wing placements engages the wing-to-fin relationship and accents how the board performs as a twin fin. Featuring, Mid-range rockers, and a lowered rail apex line, the Dark Twinn is a high-performance groveler built for aggressive surfing in soft waves. A staged bottom contour with a blended roll from the nose down into a single concave under the forward foot transitions into a double concave that is deepest between the forward fins. The concave then blends with a healthy amount of vee/double-concave, starting at the wing, and easing through the tail. The Dark Twinn is a lively and responsive board proven from Pismo Beach mush to juicy Hawaiian surf.
One board that combines the best of both EPS and PU surfboards. While the EPS is lively the PU inserts dampen vibration better. The result is pop out of turns and stability while on rail. With Dual Core construction you will never have to sacrifice again.
- FUSED CELL EPS CORE (DUAL-CORE W/PU RAILS) // Closed cell EPS core provides more response + Flotation
- CLEAR HD-EPOXY RESIN // Epoxy resin with high thermo-mechanical performances
- HIGH-QUALITY E-GLASS FIBERGLASS // E-glass has the highest strength to weight ratio available
- FULL BIAX DECK PATCH (45° / -45°) // The Biax fiberglass distributes power + protects from dings
- POP-FLEX STRINGER (TPU) // TPU adds pop + feel / EVA adds dampening + feel
- PU FOAM RAIL INSERTS (DUAL-CORE W/EPS CENTER) // PU rails adds drive in and out of turns + swing weight for airs
- CARBON STRINGER // Distributes power. Protects from dings. Adds break strength
- CARBON TAIL PATCHES // Distributes power to the fins + protects from toe/heel dings
PATENTED TECHNOLOGY // An exclusive technology by Surftech
5’6 X 19 3/8 X 2 5/8 = 28.86 L
5’7 x 19 1/2" x 2 11/16” – 29.48 L
5’8 x 19 3/4" x 2 11/16” – 31.03 L
5’9 x 19 7/8” x 2 3/4" = 32.43 L
5’10 x 20” x 2 3/4" = 33.13 L
5’11 x 20 1/4" x 2 13/16” = 34.79 L
6’0 x 20 1/2" x 2 13/16” = 35.87 L
6’2 x 21” x 2 7/8” = 38.69
NOTE: Alpine Beach has a solid range of size instore, but all sizes are available for online orders, even if it is marked out of stock. Please email / call the shop and we can order whatever size in needed.